You Will Have Results By Pastor Segun Doherty
Text: Zechariah 8:23
“Thus saith the Lord of hosts; In those days it shall come to pass, that ten men shall take hold out of all languages of the nations, even shall take hold of the skirt of him that is a Jew, saying, We will go with you: for we have heard that God is with you.” – Zechariah 8:23
Except you have results, the world will despise your God. You and I were created to shine and have results (Genesis 1:26-28). It is in having good results that God is glorified. The people of the world do not mind how you get your promotion or wealth, they just want to celebrate you. If there’s nothing to show for your hard labour and your existence, then they can’t even believe your God. It is in getting results that you can convince unbelievers to come to your God. The world needs to see your result; you are not to be pitied, you are to be envied. Results are a tangible proof that your God is real.
It takes enviable results to silence critics and cancel insult. David got an enviable result that silenced even his brothers after he cut Goliath’s head off. The women sang about David killing ten thousand and Saul one thousand; while in actual sense David killed just one man. (1 Samuel 17) . If you make it and begin to have tangible results, those who didn’t want to see your face before will want to know you and be part of you. To die as a failure is an abuse of redemption, so you can’t afford to fail.
It is good to have results but the quality of the results will determine the respect you acquire. You cannot get result without having your mind renewed.
How to get Results
1. Work hard on yourself. Everyone Jesus called as disciples were never idle. They were doing their business when they met Jesus;
2. Be mindful of having an enviable and Godly result (3 John 2);
3. Be involved and committed to the things of God. If God sees that your heart is with him, His heart will be with you;
4. You must be a soul winner;
5. Hard work never kills, it’s not giving much to your work that kills. If you are diligent in what you do, God will prosper you. In addition, don’t forget your tithe, first fruit and offering!
Always remember that without a good and enviable result, people will despise your God.