24th January 2016
Text: John 4:30-34
“…My meat is to do the will of him that sent me and to finish his work.” -John 4:34b
Many are yet to have a bearing or the target of what they want out of year 2016. No plane takes off without a destination in view. As a valuable Christian, where do you hope to land at the end of this year? What is heavens mandate over your life this year? No matter how much we shout and pray, it still depends on the effort we put in. Therefore, take responsibility now because anyone that does not take responsibility will become a liability. Our standard; Jesus, knew and pursued God’s purpose for his life. What project has heaven assigned to you this year? God has not finished with you that’s why you are alive. May you discover and pursue it. Don’t settle for less than God’s best over your life this year (Numbers 32:1-5). As Christians we need to add value to ourselves.
What are the hindrances to being a value-added Christian?
- Inherent vices – this means you can be the enemy of yourself. Some examples of this are: laziness, procrastination, lateness, anger etc. Check your character; anointing can take you to the top but it takes character to keep you there;
- Distraction – as a value added Christian, you need to avoid distraction. Don't get distracted; focus on your focus so that you can become a focus;
- Disobedience– Obedience is the key to blessings. Disobedience robbed king Saul of his value as a king. Many of us are disobedient to God and authority;
- Greed – Gehazi's greed put a curse upon him and his generation forever (Numbers 32:5);
- Fear – Often described as False Evidence Appearing Real. According to Numbers 13:32 only two of the spies Moses sent to spy the land were not afraid. What you fear to confront and conquer can be the level your breakthrough lies (2 Tim 1:7).