By Pastor Segun Doherty
My belief is that you need a divine turnaround. You might have trusted man, and man have failed you, friends have disappointed you; but I have come to declare to you that our God will intervene today.
For us to experience and enjoy divine turnaround, we must align our lives to the below:
1. The first step to enjoy divine turnaround is you must be born again. The moment you surrender your life to Jesus, you can’t escape divine turnaround. (John 1:12, Job 2:3)
2. You must be righteous. Job was an upright and righteous man, no wonder he experienced turnaround from his ordeal. Those that are righteous experience God’s turnaround, they enjoy God’s backing, protection and upliftment. God will always make a way of escape for the righteous in any temptation or trial. (Job 42:10, Proverbs 24:16, 1 Corinthians 10:13)
3. You must have the fear of God. Joseph experienced turnaround because he feared God. Fear God and depart from evil. Make sure to check your life and actions. Ask “will God like what I’m doing?” The same God that moved Joseph from prison to palace, will move you from your prison to palace in Jesus name. (Proverbs 14:27, Job 8:13, Genesis 41)
4. To enjoy turnaround, you must be able to trust God. Job trusted God in his situation. (Job 2:8-10, Proverbs 3:5-6)
5. Serious prayers. This type of prayer is devoid of distractions. Hezekiah experienced a turnaround that made 15 years to be added to his life through serious prayer. Hannah groaned in the place of prayer before conceiving. Jonah, in the whale prayed, and God commanded the whale to spit him on dry land. (2 Kings 20:1-5, Jonah 2:1-2, 1 Samuel 1, James 5:16)
6. Praise God! Paul and Silas in prison praised and prayed to God, which caused an earthquake and their prison doors were open. (1 Thessalonians 5:18)
7. Learn to forgive others. This is an area where most born again Christians fail and then miss out of divine turnaround. The advent of trouble exposes the mind of those people around us. Crisis will reveal true friends. (Matthew 6:15, Genesis 50:20)
8. Use Cornelius’ method. (Acts 10:1-6)
It’s your turn for divine turnaround. That trouble will not last, it is just a moment, and it is just a phase. God is about to turn you around and your end will be glory (Romans 8:18). Follow these steps, imbibe them and be the doer of the word. Your future contains more happiness than the past you can remember. You are the next in line for divine turnaround.